Assets55 are working carefully and safely to adhere to Government guidance and rules to control the impact of our activities from Covid-19 thereby eliminating all risks.
We follow our customers plans for managing the impact of Covid-19 and support the new ways of working to adapt workplaces as necessary to ensure all personnel are safe whilst working onsite.
Following the latest Government and World Health Organisation ongoing advice and the Covid-19 impact assessment carried out by the Assets55 Directors, our management plan outlines the approach and precautions we all take to mitigate and manage the risk to individuals and the wider population.
We deliver training and online assessments for asset surveyors and we limit the days our 2 x Directors are onsite so that data inputting can be completed remotely.
- Consultancy projects will continue as normal and be carried out through remote activities that involve utilising our Asset Management software applications (lifecycle Planning, PPM planning, Compliance Audits)
- We do not use Surveyor resources any longer.
- There are no plans for site meetings with employees until further notice and travel should be limited to essential purpose only
- If any of our team, family, or friends experience any of the symptoms outlined within the Government guidance they will inform the Assets55 administration team immediately.
- Our Directors will continue to follow site specific safety procedures and will be issued with appropriate PPE to continue with the asset survey collections.
Visits to sites will be limited to avoid unnecessary travel and interaction with the wider community.
Assets55 have carried out a full review of our services and we decided to stop all asset surveyors in the medium term (at least 18 months from May 2021.
COVID-19 Update 7th May 2021
Instructions and Advice to Employees
Employees and surveyors will undertake a reasonable duty of care for their own well-being and that of their colleagues and our customers.
The Assets55 admin team will be informed as soon as possible if any of the following symptoms;
- A fever or temperature above 37.5 degrees
- Shortness of breath
Assets55 Directors will continue to assess the latest advice daily and will keep all our employees and surveyors informed of the latest situation or changes to our current plan.
All Assets55 employees now permanently work from home and therefore under normal circumstances do not need to travel to customer’s sites or attend meetings. If employees are asked to attend a site the following process should be followed:
- Request an alternative method of managing the interaction such as a Skype meeting
- Inform the Assets55 admin team of the request
- Investigate the importance of the meeting and identify ways of managing the meeting objectives remotely
- Check if the meeting can be postponed for a later date
- Request details of the meeting, attendees, location, timings. If the arrangements are unclear or unsuitable the Assets55 Directors will escalate a request for cancellation or improved precautionary arrangements.
Business and personal travel
Employees must inform Assets55 Directors of any required business travel as only essential trips should be made. If you are travelling for business or personal reasons in the coming days or weeks, then you should familiarise yourself with UK government advice for travellers. This site provides current advice and information on the specified areas affected by COVID-19.
Current UK Government advice outlines the general principles you can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work or school
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment
- Freelance surveyors should provide and always use hand sanitisers and wipes during and on our customer’s sites
- If you are worried about your symptoms, please contact the NHS 111 Coronavirus service.
Use of public transport
See UK Government advice relating to those who have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
Attendance at conferences or large-scale events
Assets55 have cancelled any attendance for conferences. Where employees and freelance surveyors are attending large scale events, the latest Government advice should be followed.